This article shows you how you can add your own Google Analytics code to track Reservation traffic and conversions.
If you want to see the traffic and conversion reporting from your CellarPass front-end Reservation bookings, you'll need to configure the Google Analytics module in CellarPass to report this data correctly.
NOTE: You must have the CellarPass widget properly installed or linked to for this to also work correctly as your UA/GTM will only your account if the booking was completed in widget mode. Simply adding a "Reserve" button and pointing it to your CellarPass profile WILL NOT fire the correct tags, therefore you will NOT receive traffic data.
Tracking Conversions: Setting Up Google Analytics Goals
In order for your Google Analytics to report conversions, you will need to setup Goals. It's best to complete this step first so that you don't forget to do it later and report missing data.
The following URLs are used for tracking the order conversion (purchase):
For more detail for the Google Checkout "Funnel", you can add the following variables to your Google Analytics Goals:
Reservations: "Add to Cart" https://www.cellarpass.com/rsvp-checkout
Ticketing: "Add to Cart" https://www.cellarpass.com/tickets-checkout
CellarPass does not provide tech support for Google Analytics or Tag Manager. Here's a helpful article if your data is not populating as it could be as simple as a URL mismatch.
Configuring the Google Analytics Module (Admin-level access required)
CellarPass uses the latest version of the Google Enhanced eCommerce sales reporting to provide you valuable information on your direct bookings.
Step 1, set up your Google Analytics account in CellarPass.
- Log into CellarPass by going to http://www.cellarpass.com/manage
- Select Marketing from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Then select Site & Menu.
- Scroll down on the page and look for the Google Analytics section.
- Click the box to expose the configuration panel.
- In the field named Google Analytics ID enter your UA account # that is supplied to you from Google Analytics.
- In the field named Google Tag Manager enter your GTM account # that is supplied to you from Google Tag Manager. Yes, entering a GTM value is required for our Google Analytics integration to work properly.
- Once done, click the Save button located at the top of the page.
Configuring Google Tag Manager
Step 2, complete the steps outlined in this article which covers setting up Google Tag Manager.https://admin.cellarpass.com/admin/help_center_article.aspx?id=492
- PRODUCT CATEGORY: This will be reported as Reservations or Tickets
- PRODUCT BRAND: For Reservations, we will report the name of your Subscription Account. Please note that subscription accounts that use one account for more than one property or brand, this is the downside of doing so. For Ticketed Events, the Event Organizer name will be reported to Google.
- PRODUCT: We will report the Event Name as the product to Google.
- SKU: in Google will be populated with EventID associated with the Event booked.
CellarPass does report the total dollars associated to the Reservation.
CellarPass does NOT report the number of Guests in the Reservation to Google Analytics at this time. There for no matter how many guests were booked against a single Reservation, "1" will be reported to Google Analytics for number of items.
For questions about Google Analytics, please contact Google directly as we cannot provide assistance with their app. You can learn more about Google Analytics here.
Last updated 3/1/2023