The CellarPass Exceptions feature was designed for VIP events where you do not want to burden your guests or your staff with having to register tickets. You simply create & import a Guest List into the admin panel, then map a ticket level to the list and let the program do the rest.
NOTE: All tickets will appear as $0.00
This task, you will need to complete the following tasks:
- Create and publish your ticketed event (Active- Public or Active- Private)
- Create Guest List(s)
Generating Your Guest List
We recommend following this article as it will walk you through creating and managing your Guest List which will be used for generating tickets. We recommend creating a separate list for each Ticket Level you plan on generating an order for.
Once you have created your list, you can move onto the next step which is generating the orders. The system will generate the orders and send confirmations to all guests if an email address was provided.
Generating Orders Using the Exceptions Feature
The Exceptions feature is not a publicly-available feature as you will not find it anywhere in the admin panel. But we're going to show you how to access it.
- Log into the CellarPass admin panel.
- Click Ticketing
- Select Events.
- Edit your ticketed event and select Event Details
- Note the 4 or 5 digit number at the end of the URL in your browser. This is your EventID.
- Write down your EventID
- Copy this link https://admin.cellarpass.com/admin/tickets_exceptions_create.aspx?id=XXXX
- At the end of the URL, change the "XXXX" to your EventID, such as https://admin.cellarpass.com/admin/tickets_exceptions_create.aspx?id=7433
- Hit Enter on your keyboard.
- This will load the Exceptions feature.
- From the Ticket Level dropdown, select the Ticket Level to be added to the order.
- From the List Management dropdown, select your Guest List.
- From the Redemption Method dropdown, select your Fulfillment Method.
- If you wish to not generate new orders for guests that already have a Ticket Order, click the Already Purchased checkbox.
- If you want to add Order Notes, insert your message into the Order Notes box.
- If you imported additional data fields, you can map your data to Data Field 1, Data Field 2, Data Field 3 and Data Field 4.
- Once you are all set, click the Convert Orders button. The system will then generate the orders. The orders will then appear in the Ticket Orders page.
Article is closed for comments.